The Tasting Note - The Next Generation


A year has passed since I last did anything with The Tasting Note – not good, is it?  There was a time I was posting things daily on this and had thousands of readers, but now because of a wine shop of my own and a baby (now a year old!) I’ve not been able to spare the time to do anything.

So I’m taking a step back from it being my personal wine blog and handing the reins over to a young wine buff who is starting to carve his way into the world of wine and the time is to introduce you to him.  Kirk passed onto Picard, Carson passed onto Leno and now I pass onto Tom Davidson

Tom is an old friend of mine who has been in and out of the wine trade for eight years.  Working for wine companies in Scotland and London, he also studied at the School of Food & Wine and is an accomplished chef – making him in the perfect position to take over The Tasting Note.

Living in London, the heart of the UK wine and food trade, Tom is in a fantastic position to attend tastings, meet winemakers and write about his wine experiences in the capital.  This rich source of material will give him access to the strange and interesting things in the wine world that I have never had up here in the blustery east coast of Scotland.  He’ll be out there visiting and writing about pubs, restaurants, wine bars and retailers as well as reviewing wines, beers and spirits and I believe he can take The Tasting Note to what I always wanted it to be – a food and drink online magazine.

It isn’t to say you’ll never hear from me again.  I’ll be able to write the occasional piece when the business and baby give me the time to do so, but I’ll be able to craft the writing I do properly and be a guest author rather than feeling the need to keep content coming and letting you, the reader down, with mediocre articles.

So in the meantime I’d like to thank every one of you that has ever read this wine blog, commented on posts and supported my writing through social media.  I know you will enjoy Tom’s unique take on his gastronomical journey in London and hope that you enjoy the ride!  

Peter



Comments

Robert McIntosh said…
Great, looking forward to it very much, and good luck to both of you
Thanks Rob - There will be a slightly different style, but I think a new welcome voice in the wine world.